Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Lullaby Album

So I have this friend, see, and she's a concert pianist. She used to only perform others' works, such as that of Tchaikovsky, Debussy, and the like.

But a few years ago Jenni decided to start composing her own music.

The first album, The Key of Sea, was released, oh 2 years ago, give-or-take, and I loved it. Not just because she's my friend (check out one of her many blogs through the Sleepless in Seattle link to the right, or go to her music website by clicking here: JenniferThomasMusic.com), but because it's really very good.

Well, of course, she took her time getting a second album out. I get the impression that becoming a new mom was somehow more important and required more attention than making music to appease the masses. I suppose I might agree with her.

Anyhow, her baby inspired The Lullaby Album, and from the bits and pieces I've heard, it is going to have been worth the wait. I've posted one of her YouTube promos for this new album on the right, so please give it a click, watch it, enjoy it, and if you like it...

Buy it.

I do not get any monetary compensation for promoting the album. I just love the music, and she's a really great friend. So, of course, I want her to succeed. Which she will do without me plugging her music. Still, I want to.

If you go back to one of my older posts, I have a photo montage of Cordelia, over which I dubbed some of Jenni's music from her first album.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Awwwe, seriously thanks Steve. That was so nice of you. :) And it really did take a long time to get the 2nd album out because it, well, just takes a long time to do something like this with all that is involved. Thanks so much for your support.

oh, and thanks for posting the video on your sidebar. :) If you want it to fit in your sidebar, you can just adjust the width to make it smaller (in the html).