Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Today commemorates the 7th anniversary of me coming to terms with the fact that I was going to lose my hair. Thus, in a preemptive strike, I shaved my head. I had only planned on seeing what I was going to look like when the baldness came, but even after letting my hair grow for 7-8 months afterwards, it was never quite the same. That is the only time I've let my hair grow for more than 2-3 months (usually 6 weeks) since that first cut.

So this morning, I celebrated this tradition and shaved it all back off.

Tammy's making candied yams for dinner today while I'm making pumpkin pies. I'll have pictures (and if you're good I may even share my recipe) later.

I just wanted to make sure I got the Happy Thanksgiving out there before the day got away from me.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

LOL I feel so sorry for men. They either lose their hair or it goes gray, or they lose it in one spot of their head so they look funny.

Oh well, us girls have our issues too. But I would rather deal with being overweight than hair loss I guess. LOL Will is going prematurely gray. He started when he was about 25 years old, and the last year it has gotten pretty gray particularly on the sides. But now it is peppered throughout his entire hair. I predict that within 5 years he will be completely gray. I wonder if it is because he is stressed? LOL (we have a joke that his gray hair is caused by me).

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jenni said...

No blog posts since Thanksgiving???? SHOCK GASP! Come on...you guys still alive? Whats new? How was Christmas?