Thursday, February 18, 2010

Something to Do In a Motel Room

For those who don't know, my grandma didn't make it 48 hours. It was maybe 6 hours after my mom gave me that information that she called back to let me know that grandma had passed on.

I wasn't able to make it to the funeral, but I did pass through Boise on Sunday and was able to stop for a couple of hours to pay my respects and spend some time with family before heading out.

Monday, however, I was checked into another motel up in the Seattle area. Now it's Thursday, and I should be checking out today, but may stay another night (it was late Monday, so that may translate to another night).

Anyway, there isn't much to do when you have extremely limited funds, don't know the area, or anybody who lives close by - well... I know somebody close by, but they are out of town - you know who you are ;).

So yesterday I noticed my hair was getting a bit too long. I knew it would while I was out, but I didn't have room for my clippers, and wasn't sure when/where I'd be able to shave my head again anyway, so I had been planning on letting the hair grow and grow and grow and cut it again when I got home.

Well, it's been 3 weeks since I left, with maybe 4 weeks of growth and at least 3 more weeks of this ahead of me.

I was bored. So I decided to shave my head. With a safety razor. Gillette Mach 3 to be exact. Warning: it takes forever, dulls your blades in a hurry, kind of hurts, makes a mess, risks clogging drains, and it is something to do in a motel room.

No comments: