Monday, February 22, 2010

My Family

Tammy, the unequalled brains in the family, suggested before I left that I should pack certain items that I scoffed at (and then secretly packed), such as extra zip-lock baggies, “Because,” she said, “you never know what you might need them for.”

I had just rolled my eyes and told her I thought she was dumb. Or something along those lines.

Well, as I already said, I secretly packed a couple extras. And I’m glad I did. Now I have someplace to put all my odds-and-ends before going to sleep. My wallet, my change, my keys, my Chapstick, etc. all go into a zip-lock baggy so they don’t get lost while the truck bounces down the road while I’m unconscious.

Thank you, lover. You’re the best.

Cordelia, who had been assigned the task of wearing her eye-patch 2 hours a day over her good eye to help strengthen her weak eye, has had the burden lifted a bit. She now only has to wear it 2 hours a day 3 times per week. She’s also been reevaluated with regards to her speech aptitude, and though it had looked like she would be going to pre-school 3 days per week (or something), they’ve determined that she only needs one 45 minute class per week. Is that good or bad?

Also, since daddy’s been gone, she’s decided to go ahead and let herself be potty-trained. Finally. She has few accidents, sometimes going an entire day without any.

And from what I hear, Garrett (Cordelia’s cousin, about 18 months younger than her), has started making “human” sounds. Noises that could possibly be actual attempts at forming words. Congrats, Garrett! Keep up the good work!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah Cordy!!! Grandma is very Happy to hear you are becoming a big girl. Keep up the good work.

And we all knew you married well.

Jenni said...

Haha. Husbands should always listen to their wives. :)

That's great about Cordelia. That's great that they are working with her to strengthen her eyes instead of just handing her a perscription.