Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Brief Apology

A number of you receive automatic emails from this blog whenever I post a new one. Until last night, I had no idea that the automatic email actually sends the blog-post itself. I honestly thought it sent a simple notice: "Casper the Not-Always-So-Friendly Blog has just been updated with a new post. View it here!" with a link to the actual blog.

I updated my mailing list, however - because I've actually been wondering about this feature - to include myself.

Well, those of you who get the email, are not getting the full effect of the actual blog. Primarily, the email is black-on-white, whereas the blog is off-white-on-black. This isn't an issue for posts like this one which is all text, but when I change the color of some of the text to, say, light-blue (which I do frequently), it is actually kind of difficult to see on a white background.

I'm considering changing my blog template to use a more typical black-on-white (or at the very least dark-on-light) scheme, but in the meantime, I want to apologize and invite you all, when you get the blog notifications, to click the link at the bottom of the email that takes you directly to the blog itself, where you can see all the other fun features on the blog.

TTFN

2 comments:

Jenni said...

hmmm. I've never received such an email, but it's possible that we're not on your list. lol.

I Love Food said...

I must not be on the elite list either! But I do have your blog's rss feeds sent to my google reader. But I do come to your blog itself often. :-)