Monday, December 21, 2009

Booger Art 101

While fun to create and sometimes interesting to behold, the art of decorating the wall with ones nasal mucus is decidedly gross.

Yesterday, as I was reading Cordelia a story before her her nap, she started picking at the wall.  At first I thought there was a scuff or other blemish on the wall and I turned to tell her not to pick at it.  But what I saw wasn't a nick or scratch.  It was an encrusted booger.  I was certain.

I asked her outright, "Is that a booger?"

She informed me that, "Yes. It's boogy."

Needless-to-say (yet I'll say it anyway) I put a stop to the picking even more definitively than I would have if it had just been wall-picking.  I informed her in as stern-but-loving a voice as I could muster, that she was not to put her boogers on the wall anymore.  It is gross and she needs to use a tissue if she has boogers in her nose.

She said "Okay, sheesh."

When I started cleaning it off the wall, I discovered several more pieces of art; fortunately, it seems the discovery was made before it could get too out of hand.  I'm going to have to keep a close eye on the wall, and start having her clean it up if it continues.

I did make an observation, however.  Gross as it may be, I have to point out that boogers set up like concrete.  I wonder just how much influence boogers had on the invention of krazy-glue.

You may note that I did not post any pictures of Cordelia's Booger Art.  It's not an attempt at preserving any kind of copyright to her art.  It's mostly because it was really gross.  And it's doubtful I'll be taking any pictures of future projects, either.  Unless there's a coolness factor that outweighs the gross factor.

<*fingers crossed*>

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Gross, I can't believe I read that whole blog. But then again she is my talanted Granddaughter :-)

Jenni said...

LOL I just read a post like this on NieNie's blog where she went into her daughter's room and noticed green dots on the wall, and realized they were boogers. She asked her daughter what they were, and she said "For everyone it's how many kids I'm going to have!" LOL.